Geometry Course Syllabus
- Points, lines, and angles
- Logic and Proofs
- Congruence and symmetry
- Perimeters, area, and volume
- Similar Triangles
University of Chicago Mathematics Project Geometry
- Textbooks must be covered and brought to class each day
Students are required to maintain a notebook, which should have at least the following sections; homework, class notes, class work, test/quizzes, and journal pages.
Grades will be earned based on accuracy, completion, neatness, labeling and timeliness. There is a rubric for homework grades. There is a standard heading for all papers handed in during this course which is as follows:
First and Last Name
Assignment (includes page number and problems assigned)
At least three portfolios will be assigned during the duration of the course and will be graded according to state standards. These will count as much as a test grade towards your final grade.
Any test or quiz below a 65% may be retaken once at a prearranged time outside of regular class time. A retake will not be allowed after two weeks have passed, unless there is a reasonable excuse.
- At least a two-inch thick three ring binder
- Scientific calculator (should have square root key, fraction key, parenthesis, and more)
- Loose leaf Notebook
Participation will be determined by the following categories:
- Being present on time
- Bringing a writing utensil
- Bringing a book
- Bringing any assignment that is due
- Bringing a calculator, ruler, and protractor
- Bringing paper
- Being attentive and contributing positively to class
SUCCESS is not a matter of chance but of choice.
Telephone 875-2146 ext 226
Parents and students please feel free to contact me at any time during the course by means of a phone call, email, or in person to discuss your (child’s) progress in the course.